Your setting Return-Path to YOU in your cygwin@cygwin postings

Owen Rees owen.rees@hp.com
Wed Mar 4 12:30:00 GMT 2009

--On Wednesday, March 04, 2009 12:07:31 +0000 Dave Korn wrote:

>   Note also how all those paths have a Mail-Followup-To header pointing
> at the list.  Any mailer that does not respect that when you hit Reply is
> broken and does not comply with internet standards.  The Return-Path is
> for automated error messages *only*, not replies of any sort.

Can you give a link to the relevant internet standard please. I could not
find it in RFC5322 (nor in RFC2822 which it obsoletes (nor in RFC0822 which
it obsoletes)). RFC2369 which defines mailing list command specification
header fields also says nothing about that field.

As far as I can tell, the standards define Reply-To and Return-Path but not
Mail-Followup-To.

--
Owen Rees