cygwin on a disk?

Tim Renner l0ci@hotmail.com
Wed Apr 23 18:09:00 GMT 2003

Well, it's not quite on a floppy disk (bzipped = 3.8 MB, uncompressed=7.7
MB), but what I've found to need, just copying over on demand for what I do:

executables (3.1 MB):
awk, bash, cat, chmod, cp, cygcheck, gzip, less, ls, mkdir, more, mv, perl,
pwd, rm, scp, sed, sftp, ssh, tar, telnet, vim, wget, which

supporting dlls (4.6 MB):
cygwin1.dll, cygiconv-2.dll, cygcrypto-0.9.7.dll, libperl5_6_1.dll,
cygcrypto.dll, cygncurses6.dll, cygssl.dll, cygz.dll, cygintl-1.dll,
cygintl-2.dll

Definitely can save some space by cutting out some of those programs
(vim(942K) and bash(531K) being the biggest space hogs... sh(69K) is MUCH
smaller)

Anyways, there's a rough guide... hope it helps... Havn't messed with mount
or the registry at all, so I'm sure I'm missing something ;)

-Tim