An apology...

Danilo Turina danilo.turina@alcatel.it
Wed Feb 19 08:53:00 GMT 2003

I read this whole thread, but, sorry, I can't yet understand what are
your problems with gmane.

I had subscription to 2 high-traffic ML (clearcase and cygwin), my inbox
was always full, in addition, I had some problem with my mail clients
(due to our internal stanrdards) that prevented me to use filters
effectively.

When I discovered gmane I jumped from my chair! It is wonderful!!!

Now I simply use the Mozilla newsreader to access 5 (five!) cygwin
mailing list without being bothered with mails in my inbox.

Till now I found no differences between cygwin mls through gmane and
real newsgroups: I download the headers, if there some post that
interests me I read it, otherwise I mark them read. If I want I could
use the offline feature of Mozilla to keep all the messages locally on
my machine.

If you can succesfully access (and use) real newsgroups I can't see why
you cannot access (and use) Cyvwin's mls through gmane.