Ghost process

Andre Bleau bleau@igb.umontreal.ca
Wed Feb 19 15:31:00 GMT 2003

Mikael Åsberg <mikas493 at student dot liu dot se> wrote:

>I compile this program using gcc:
>gcc -g -Wall -o simple1_1 simple1_1.c -lopengl32 -lglu32 -lglut32

The proper order is: -lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32

But that doesn't explain your problem. I just compiled and ran your
simple1_1 test program under W2K SP3: simple1_1.exe disappears from the
process list as soon as I press the "little x-button in the upper right
corner".

What version of Windows are you using?

What version of gcc are you using? (output of gcc -v, please)

Does the problem goes away if you build with:
gcc -g -Wall -mno-cygwin -o simple1_1 simple1_1.c -lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32
?

You're the first one to report such a ghost process related to GLUT/OpenGL.

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer.

email: bleau at igb dot umontreal dot ca
(Fight SPAM: encode your email-address)

Please address all questions and problem reports about Cygwin's OpenGL
package to cygwin@cygwin.com .