inetd error

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Sat Jul 15 00:35:00 GMT 2006

Robert McGraw wrote:
> mwoehlke <mwoehlke <at> tibco.com> writes:
>> McGraw, Robert P. wrote:
>>> Is there any know problem with running inetd on a Window2003 server?
>> Yup. Try reading Corrina's reply to your previous message.
>
> Matthew,
>
> At the time I did not realize that this post had anything to do with my previous
> post.  Actually I had indicated that I had resolved my problem but Corrina's
> post about w2k3 problem was exactly what I was looking for.

Right... as you've noticed, SYSTEM on W2k3 can't do a setuid()...
technically that isn't an inetd problem, it's a problem experienced by
some daemons that inetd manages (which was what you were experiencing).

> I sent this post before I had a chance to log in an look at my previous post.

Ok... I was looking at the timestamps; you missed by about five hours
(at least according to Thunderbird). :-)

--
Matthew
Warning: prolonged exposure to Cygwin may cause addiction.