How to map a NAS drive in /etc/fstab that is of type

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Mon Jan 8 20:15:16 GMT 2024

Greetings, /dev /local/ca!

> What would an entry in */etc/fstab* look like on Windows to map a nas
> mapped drive N:

I strongly suggest using UNC paths for network mapping.

> When provisioning the drives, I selected file system type: btrfs

Unrelated to the original question.

> ---
> I am on Windows 10 Pro and want to access the drive with the path:  /n

You could instead configure cygdrive prefix as "/", but over time I've found
it having more caveats than I'd like to deal with.
So I deferred to a less conflicting /mnt

> It is mapped to my Windows machine as drive N: and when launching cygwin,
> it would be ideal if it is auto-mounted

It is already mounted, as Cygwin is a userspace library.
You just need to know where to look for it.

Standard places are

1. /proc/cygdrive/<letter> - always available regardless of mounting
configuration.
2. <cygdrive_prefix>/<letter> - user-defined mount root for Windows drives.
Default <cygdrive_prefix> is "/cygdrive", and example configuration you can
find in /etc/fstab. To mount Windows drives as simple /<letter>, you could define
<cygdrive_prefix> as "/".

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin